The park of Monsters of Bomarzo born in 1552 as “Villa of Wonders”
to be the only one of it’s kind in the world.

The park of Monsters of Bomarzo was devised by the architect Pirro Ligorio (he completed the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Rome after the death of Michelangelo and built Villa d’Este in Tivoli) on commission of Prince Pier Francesco Orsini (1523-1585), called Vicino, only to vent the heart broken at the death of his wife Giulia Farnese (+1560). (www.bomarzo.net)